Job Title: Mechatronics Engineer
Reports To: Manager, R&D Mechanical Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: R&D Hardware
The Mechatronics/Automation Engineer is responsible for supporting development of new R&D and manufacturing equipment, manufacturing processes, and QA test systems. They are expected to be experienced in the integration of electrical systems, software (including PLC, Arduino, and/or Windows-based programs), and mechanical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the development of semi-automated and fully automated manufacturing equipment for use in manufacturing OptiScan’s meters and disposable cartridges.
- Responsible for creating/updating Test Procedure documents for the verification and validation testing of the disposable cartridge and its manufacturing equipment/processes
- Responsible for gathering hardware manufacturing requirements.
- Responsible for creating and updating design documentation for any modified/new manufacturing equipment or processes. Will also participate in hardware design review meetings.
- Assists in unit testing, system functional testing and verification testing of the OptiScan instrument and disposable cartridge
- Work must be performed according to company standards, in particular the Quality System.
- Performs any other duties assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Prior experience integrating complex electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated experience designing open and closed loop control systems
- Experience developing automated manufacturing equipment preferred
- Work experience in Medical device/ISO 13485 regulated environment preferred
- Some mechanical design/SolidWorks experience preferred
- Knowledge of the product development lifecycle.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and tools.
- Desired- Prior experience integrating vision systems into manufacturing lines
- Ability to communicate proficiently, verbally and in writing with a cross-functional team
- Knowledge of GLP and GDP
- Some previous experience using LabVIEW and MatLab is a plus
BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics concentration, or equivalent education and work experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
This job description does not state nor imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested by management and will also be required to meet safety-related requirements. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
If you are interested in applying to an open position at OptiScan, please email your resume to [email protected]