Job Title: Materials and Purchasing Coordinator
Reports To: Materials Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date created: 24Apr2019
Summary: Responsible for performing the physical and administrative tasks involved in the storing, counting and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Assists with purchasing tasks. Packages, receives, ships and moves materials through warehouse process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies goods received against bills of lading, purchase orders, or other documents.
- Place purchase orders for materials and supplies used in production and maintenance repairs and operations (MRO).
- Receive and distribute materials and supplies to all departments accordingly.
- Ship products, equipment and supplies as required.
- Maintain tools and equipment related to Materials Dept.
- Maintain all hazardous materials containment, storage and handling according to the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets).
- Perform inventory control activities such as cycle counting & physical inventory.
- Train and lead other operators to receive materials, supplies and MRO related items.
- Review and update the Approved Supplier List per SOP.
- Review and update all Bill of Materials in MRP system to match released Bill of Materials in Doc Control.
- Assist on the MFG floor when necessary. (Instrument or Disposable)
- Understand and follow company policy and organizational procedures related to job activities.
- Use basic equipment required for materials and facilities.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements:
- Requires thorough understanding of the entire distribution system and good computer skills to ensure accuracy in the material flow process
- Experience setting up & using various shipping systems such as UPS/FedEx both domestic and international
- Must be able to lift @ 35 lbs. and operate PIT equipment
- Knowledge of ESD handling procedures
- Experience using MRP systems such as Oracle, Omnify, PCmRP, SAP & QAD
- Must be able to work independently and lead materials staff as requested by management
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience required, preferably in medical device manufacturing setting.
This job has no supervisory or managerial responsibilities at this time.
The area supervisor or department head (or delegate) shall determine what internal training (if any) is required in order to satisfactorily meet the job requirements listed above. Such training will be conducted in accordance with applicable SOPs and will be documented in accordance to our internal training procedure. The employee will also receive general training in both 21CFR 820 and EN13485 as well as the OptiScan Quality Manual and Quality Policy. This job description does not state nor imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested by management and will also be required to meet safety-related requirements. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
If you are interested in applying to an open position at OptiScan, please email your resume to [email protected]